Two indigenous communities in the violence-torn Mexican state of Michoacan will not participate in the state elections set for November 13. Spokespersons for the Nahua community of Osutla and the Purepecha community of Cheran reiterated this week their intentions of boycotting the vote.
This is a discussion from Twitter:
blogdiva: the United States needs a democratic socialist movement, this country needs it's own home-grown LULA DA SILVA
The Emperor Has No Votes: The Imposition of Martelly, the Reconstitution of the Army, and the Restoration of Duvalier in Haiti
by Charlie Hinton
This was written in response to somebody who runs a mailing list for people of conscience, who mentioned having voted Green in the last Presidential election, but isn't sure whether to vote Green or Democrat in the next one and doesn't think their vote really matters anyway, but is tending towards voting Democrat because the Democrats support abortio
There's a lot of talk now about how the Democrats won in Wisconsin. But there are several things to keep in mind:
1. The elections were held on Diebold machines and are not verifiable.
2. Elections change the players, not the system.
Even though the Egyptian army is still arresting and torturing protesters, and sentencing many to prison, Egyptians are excited about the upcoming elections.
Many seem to think that the elections are a step towards democracy. They're wrong.
The Egyptian Army never lifted the state of emergency and never stopped arresting people for violating curfew.
But the Egyptian revolutionaries forgot their martyrs and negotiated with the army's transition government, which is still under Mubarak's orders.
They get it!
- Open Letter to Lynne Stewart, Ralph Poynter, and Friends - by Mark E. Smith
- Say It Ain't So - by Michael Marking
- The Dynamics of Power in a Corrupt Society - by Mark E. Smith
- Please Smoke - By Peter Brimelow
- Why I’m Not Voting - by Lara Gardner
- Spain Hasn’t Had a Federal Government for the Last 9 Months — and People Love It - by Derrick Broze
- Doctor Warns – 80% of Medical Studies are Advertisements for Big Pharma - by Christina Sarich
- How Corrupt America Is - by Eric Zuesse
- The People Are the Story–and Corporate Media Are Missing It - by Janine Jackson
- Memorial Day, May 30, 2016, Portland, Oregon Vietnam Memorial - by S. Brian Willson
- Statement on Decommissioning Nukes - by Ace Hoffman
- Everything solid vanishes at the polls - by Raúl Zibechi
- Driving Out the Mosquitoes: Making Homelessness Illegal - by Dennis J. Bernstein
- I Helped Create ISIS - by Vincent Emanuele
- The Pecking Order is for Chickens - by Mark E. Smith
- Beat Writer Pedophiles and the White Male Leftists Who Love Them - by Mickey Z.
- A Dillar, A Dollar.... - by Mark E. Smith
- Do We Really Want a New World War With Russia? - by F. William Engdahl
- The Strange Consensus About Smoking - by Mark E. Smith