(This article was edited and updated on April 8, 2012)
Imagine something so precious that only the most powerful rulers and their cronies are allowed to have it, and it is forbidden to ordinary people. That precious right is the ability to make decisions about how you can live, what you can or cannot do, and what opportunities your children will have. It is what the right to vote should be, but is not.
I dreamed that the November 2014 elections were different from any elections I'd experienced in my 73 years as a US citizen.
It isn't easy to get people to vote in the United States.
Ever wonder what it would be like if we had the same sort of winner-take-all system in music as we do in elections?
You'd be able to select the music you wanted, but the only music you'd be allowed to listen to would be whichever music the big corporations had spent the most money promoting.
Today, while at the organic food cooperative where I do most of my shopping, I ran into one of their founders, a dear man, a good man, and a man I've known for many years and happen to like. He and his wife, the co-op's general manager, helped take the co-op from a hippie storefront thirty years ago, to the multi-million dollar business it is today.
In the last part of this issue of Veritas Vampirus, Mark S. Tucker asks a very significant question.
Egypt’s Constitutional Referendum: Did President Morsi Hijack Democracy? - by Mahdi Darius NazemroayaSubmitted by folkie on 26 January 2013 - 1:33pm
President Morsi created a
$6 billion was blown on the 2012 election cycle. Along with that expense comes
one overall goal ? the legitimacy of the state. And even with that whopping
- On Being Ethnically Cleansed in California -- A Smoker's Lament
- Ramona Africa Talks MOVE, Liberation and Surviving 1985 Bombing - by Lamont Lilly
- Open Letter to Lynne Stewart, Ralph Poynter, and Friends - by Mark E. Smith
- Say It Ain't So - by Michael Marking
- The Dynamics of Power in a Corrupt Society - by Mark E. Smith
- Please Smoke - By Peter Brimelow
- Why I’m Not Voting - by Lara Gardner
- Spain Hasn’t Had a Federal Government for the Last 9 Months — and People Love It - by Derrick Broze
- Doctor Warns – 80% of Medical Studies are Advertisements for Big Pharma - by Christina Sarich
- How Corrupt America Is - by Eric Zuesse
- The People Are the Story–and Corporate Media Are Missing It - by Janine Jackson
- Memorial Day, May 30, 2016, Portland, Oregon Vietnam Memorial - by S. Brian Willson
- Statement on Decommissioning Nukes - by Ace Hoffman
- Everything solid vanishes at the polls - by Raúl Zibechi
- Driving Out the Mosquitoes: Making Homelessness Illegal - by Dennis J. Bernstein
- I Helped Create ISIS - by Vincent Emanuele
- The Pecking Order is for Chickens - by Mark E. Smith
- Beat Writer Pedophiles and the White Male Leftists Who Love Them - by Mickey Z.
- A Dillar, A Dollar.... - by Mark E. Smith