Jason Goudlock got tricked.
He was Black, 18, and in legal trouble. So, he did what most criminal defendants do, he took a deal. The court sentenced him to six-to-twenty-five years plus nine years for gun specifications.
He's still locked up after twenty years and there's no end in sight.
How unjust is the US legal system? I knew it was totally corrupt, and so do most Fubar readers, but this brief article has some details I found extremely interesting. Check it out:
On May 19, people’s attorney and longtime movement ally Barry Wilson was sentenced to 90 days in the South Bay House of Correction in Boston for contempt of court. This outrageous sentence was in response to Wilson’s challenging racism and pro-law-enforcement bias in the jury selection process.
If you want to understand the United States, you can't do better than to read the book The Assassination of Fred Hampton, by Jeffrey Haas.
Racism emanates from the highest levels of our government, from our black President waging war on brown people abroad, to our justice system waging war on people of color here at home.
From the SOA Watch mailing list, January 6, 2011:
A message to the citizens of Lodi, California........
- Ramona Africa Talks MOVE, Liberation and Surviving 1985 Bombing - by Lamont Lilly
- Open Letter to Lynne Stewart, Ralph Poynter, and Friends - by Mark E. Smith
- Say It Ain't So - by Michael Marking
- The Dynamics of Power in a Corrupt Society - by Mark E. Smith
- Please Smoke - By Peter Brimelow
- Why I’m Not Voting - by Lara Gardner
- Spain Hasn’t Had a Federal Government for the Last 9 Months — and People Love It - by Derrick Broze
- Doctor Warns – 80% of Medical Studies are Advertisements for Big Pharma - by Christina Sarich
- How Corrupt America Is - by Eric Zuesse
- The People Are the Story–and Corporate Media Are Missing It - by Janine Jackson
- Memorial Day, May 30, 2016, Portland, Oregon Vietnam Memorial - by S. Brian Willson
- Statement on Decommissioning Nukes - by Ace Hoffman
- Everything solid vanishes at the polls - by Raúl Zibechi
- Driving Out the Mosquitoes: Making Homelessness Illegal - by Dennis J. Bernstein
- I Helped Create ISIS - by Vincent Emanuele
- The Pecking Order is for Chickens - by Mark E. Smith
- Beat Writer Pedophiles and the White Male Leftists Who Love Them - by Mickey Z.
- A Dillar, A Dollar.... - by Mark E. Smith
- Do We Really Want a New World War With Russia? - by F. William Engdahl