(This article was edited and updated on April 8, 2012)
It has happened many times, in the United States, in Spain, in Egypt, and many
other places. First there is a revolution with a lot of bloodshed. Eventually
A poem by Bertolt Brecht, translated by Slavoj Žižek:
Realizing, to my , that many prominent Egyptian "revolutionaries" are supporting the NATO-led counterrevolution in Libya, I decided to use TwitLonger to post the following very long Tweet, addressed to both Egyptians and to true revolutionaries:
Even though the Egyptian army is still arresting and torturing protesters, and sentencing many to prison, Egyptians are excited about the upcoming elections.
Many seem to think that the elections are a step towards democracy. They're wrong.
The Egyptian Army never lifted the state of emergency and never stopped arresting people for violating curfew.
But the Egyptian revolutionaries forgot their martyrs and negotiated with the army's transition government, which is still under Mubarak's orders.
Wael Ghonim has been freed!
Tomorrow will probably be the biggest day in Tahrir Square yet.
Torture and Despair: The Psychic Roots of the Revolution in Tunisia, Egypt and Across the Middle East - by Andy WorthingtonSubmitted by folkie on 29 January 2011 - 1:13am
- Ramona Africa Talks MOVE, Liberation and Surviving 1985 Bombing - by Lamont Lilly
- Open Letter to Lynne Stewart, Ralph Poynter, and Friends - by Mark E. Smith
- Say It Ain't So - by Michael Marking
- The Dynamics of Power in a Corrupt Society - by Mark E. Smith
- Please Smoke - By Peter Brimelow
- Why I’m Not Voting - by Lara Gardner
- Spain Hasn’t Had a Federal Government for the Last 9 Months — and People Love It - by Derrick Broze
- Doctor Warns – 80% of Medical Studies are Advertisements for Big Pharma - by Christina Sarich
- How Corrupt America Is - by Eric Zuesse
- The People Are the Story–and Corporate Media Are Missing It - by Janine Jackson
- Memorial Day, May 30, 2016, Portland, Oregon Vietnam Memorial - by S. Brian Willson
- Statement on Decommissioning Nukes - by Ace Hoffman
- Everything solid vanishes at the polls - by Raúl Zibechi
- Driving Out the Mosquitoes: Making Homelessness Illegal - by Dennis J. Bernstein
- I Helped Create ISIS - by Vincent Emanuele
- The Pecking Order is for Chickens - by Mark E. Smith
- Beat Writer Pedophiles and the White Male Leftists Who Love Them - by Mickey Z.
- A Dillar, A Dollar.... - by Mark E. Smith
- Do We Really Want a New World War With Russia? - by F. William Engdahl