There has been quite a bit of discussion in the mainstream media and the alternative media about Obama's criticism of the Supreme Court, which is considering his health care plan. Seeing one of these discussions on a mailing list I subscribe to, I took the opportunity to do some more election boycott advocacy.
The best-laid schemes o' mice an' men
Gang aft agley,
An' lea'e us nought but grief an' pain,
For promis'd joy!
Robert Burns – 1785
Having spent the past decade studying why the United States does not have free and fair elections, I've learned a lot about what is necessary for free and fair elections to occur.
This is not an inclusive list, but without these minimal measures, elections cannot be said to be free and fair.
If you want to understand the United States, you can't do better than to read the book The Assassination of Fred Hampton, by Jeffrey Haas.
Racism emanates from the highest levels of our government, from our black President waging war on brown people abroad, to our justice system waging war on people of color here at home.
A Saudi Prince is on trial in the U.K. for murder.
The victim, who was brutally beaten and apparently sexually abused, is described as being docile, submissive, and accustomed to abuse.
The BBC story is here:
In a democracy, laws have to be voted upon, whereas in a tyranny, a dictator simply issues an edict or executive order.
Colombia's Constitutional Court has just ruled that the permission to have US troops on seven Colombian military bases, granted to the US by former Colombian dictator Alvaro Uribe, is unconstitutional and should have been voted on by their Congress.
- Ramona Africa Talks MOVE, Liberation and Surviving 1985 Bombing - by Lamont Lilly
- Open Letter to Lynne Stewart, Ralph Poynter, and Friends - by Mark E. Smith
- Say It Ain't So - by Michael Marking
- The Dynamics of Power in a Corrupt Society - by Mark E. Smith
- Please Smoke - By Peter Brimelow
- Why I’m Not Voting - by Lara Gardner
- Spain Hasn’t Had a Federal Government for the Last 9 Months — and People Love It - by Derrick Broze
- Doctor Warns – 80% of Medical Studies are Advertisements for Big Pharma - by Christina Sarich
- How Corrupt America Is - by Eric Zuesse
- The People Are the Story–and Corporate Media Are Missing It - by Janine Jackson
- Memorial Day, May 30, 2016, Portland, Oregon Vietnam Memorial - by S. Brian Willson
- Statement on Decommissioning Nukes - by Ace Hoffman
- Everything solid vanishes at the polls - by Raúl Zibechi
- Driving Out the Mosquitoes: Making Homelessness Illegal - by Dennis J. Bernstein
- I Helped Create ISIS - by Vincent Emanuele
- The Pecking Order is for Chickens - by Mark E. Smith
- Beat Writer Pedophiles and the White Male Leftists Who Love Them - by Mickey Z.
- A Dillar, A Dollar.... - by Mark E. Smith
- Do We Really Want a New World War With Russia? - by F. William Engdahl