Lynne Stewart, the attorney who is serving a ten year sentence because she refused to express remorse for having done the right thing, has had a recurrence and metastasis of cancer and is unable to get proper treatment. Here are some links to the story:
The U.S. legal system is not a justice system and is often the enemy of justice. There's a story about a law professor who was asked a question about justice by a student and marched the entire class outside, pointed at the building and told them to read what it said.
From my email--if you've never met him, Nativo Lopez is one of the most polite, decent, honest, responsible, and intelligent guys in the whole world. He is always neatly dressed, usually in a light-colored suit, and very quiet and well-mannered. He is also very well educated, extremely intelligent, and very thoughtful.
While the short audio says a lot, I think the illustration, how we went from white robes to black robes, is essential to understanding Mumia's words. Our judicial system is just a modern day manifestation of lynch mobs. The young people in the Middle East need to understand this history.
Does the name ring a bell for you too? I should hope so. If not, ask the google.
A short piece written by Bill Quigley has gone viral and is all over the internet. Here's a link, as it is very well worth reading if you haven't yet seen it:
The United States of Fear: Ten Examples
- Ramona Africa Talks MOVE, Liberation and Surviving 1985 Bombing - by Lamont Lilly
- Open Letter to Lynne Stewart, Ralph Poynter, and Friends - by Mark E. Smith
- Say It Ain't So - by Michael Marking
- The Dynamics of Power in a Corrupt Society - by Mark E. Smith
- Please Smoke - By Peter Brimelow
- Why I’m Not Voting - by Lara Gardner
- Spain Hasn’t Had a Federal Government for the Last 9 Months — and People Love It - by Derrick Broze
- Doctor Warns – 80% of Medical Studies are Advertisements for Big Pharma - by Christina Sarich
- How Corrupt America Is - by Eric Zuesse
- The People Are the Story–and Corporate Media Are Missing It - by Janine Jackson
- Memorial Day, May 30, 2016, Portland, Oregon Vietnam Memorial - by S. Brian Willson
- Statement on Decommissioning Nukes - by Ace Hoffman
- Everything solid vanishes at the polls - by Raúl Zibechi
- Driving Out the Mosquitoes: Making Homelessness Illegal - by Dennis J. Bernstein
- I Helped Create ISIS - by Vincent Emanuele
- The Pecking Order is for Chickens - by Mark E. Smith
- Beat Writer Pedophiles and the White Male Leftists Who Love Them - by Mickey Z.
- A Dillar, A Dollar.... - by Mark E. Smith
- Do We Really Want a New World War With Russia? - by F. William Engdahl