This essay on the Zapatistas’ Women’s Revolutionary Law twenty years on, draws on Zapatista women’s reflections, together with a decades-long engagement with indigenous feminism and Zapatismo.
Here we explain the reasons behind this strange title and those that will follow, narrate the story of an exceptional encounter between a beetle and a perplexing being (that is, more perplexing than the beetle)
[There are videos and music that accompany these messages, but since I'm on dial-up I cannot watch or listen to them, no less repost them here. But I have included the links and given the link to the source from which I copied each message, so if you have broadband, you can find them there. --Mark]
What a distraction an election is from serious pursuit of our human responsibilities and sensitivities.
** Relatives affirm that the Tzotzil professor now receives “careful and dignified attention”
Chiapas in solidarity
Signatures needed for freedom and justice in Mexico, the case of the Digna Ochoa Human Rights Centre, Tonalá, ChiapasSubmitted by folkie on 26 June 2011 - 8:15pm
National and international campaign against the legal harassment and criminalization of human rights defenders and social activists in Mexico.
- Respect for human rights defenders,
- Cancellation of criminal proceedings.
- No to repression.
- No to harassment.
1. The EZLN Is Now 27 Years Old! – On November 17, the Zapatista National Liberation Army (EZLN) celebrated 27 years since its founding deep in the Lacandón Jungle of Chiapas. As was the case with celebrations for the anniversary of the Juntas and Caracoles, the Zapatistas celebrated privately, without news reports, journalists or the general public.
Proceso, November 14, 2010
(English) from OSAG
- On Being Ethnically Cleansed in California -- A Smoker's Lament
- Ramona Africa Talks MOVE, Liberation and Surviving 1985 Bombing - by Lamont Lilly
- Open Letter to Lynne Stewart, Ralph Poynter, and Friends - by Mark E. Smith
- Say It Ain't So - by Michael Marking
- The Dynamics of Power in a Corrupt Society - by Mark E. Smith
- Please Smoke - By Peter Brimelow
- Why I’m Not Voting - by Lara Gardner
- Spain Hasn’t Had a Federal Government for the Last 9 Months — and People Love It - by Derrick Broze
- Doctor Warns – 80% of Medical Studies are Advertisements for Big Pharma - by Christina Sarich
- How Corrupt America Is - by Eric Zuesse
- The People Are the Story–and Corporate Media Are Missing It - by Janine Jackson
- Memorial Day, May 30, 2016, Portland, Oregon Vietnam Memorial - by S. Brian Willson
- Statement on Decommissioning Nukes - by Ace Hoffman
- Everything solid vanishes at the polls - by Raúl Zibechi
- Driving Out the Mosquitoes: Making Homelessness Illegal - by Dennis J. Bernstein
- I Helped Create ISIS - by Vincent Emanuele
- The Pecking Order is for Chickens - by Mark E. Smith
- Beat Writer Pedophiles and the White Male Leftists Who Love Them - by Mickey Z.
- A Dillar, A Dollar.... - by Mark E. Smith