Imagine something so precious that only the most powerful rulers and their cronies are allowed to have it, and it is forbidden to ordinary people. That precious right is the ability to make decisions about how you can live, what you can or cannot do, and what opportunities your children will have. It is what the right to vote should be, but is not.
I just got the June issue of the Ocean Beach People's Organic Food Co-op News and I'm so angry I can barely type.
Today, while at the organic food cooperative where I do most of my shopping, I ran into one of their founders, a dear man, a good man, and a man I've known for many years and happen to like. He and his wife, the co-op's general manager, helped take the co-op from a hippie storefront thirty years ago, to the multi-million dollar business it is today.
First I'm going to copy the latest articles by Ace Hoffman about restarting the San Onofre nuclear power plant, and then I'm going to explain why the problem is not the regulators or those who appointed them, but those who vote to grant them the power to kill us all:
In the last part of this issue of Veritas Vampirus, Mark S. Tucker asks a very significant question.
$6 billion was blown on the 2012 election cycle. Along with that expense comes
one overall goal ? the legitimacy of the state. And even with that whopping
It is possible now to live in a major American city, which boasts of a Black mayor, a Black police chief, and a Black president of a local legislative body, say, a city council, or county commission.
That’s largely because of Black population concentrations in urban districts, and their utilization of their voting power.
Many voters believe that voting can bring about social progress through legislation, but I've been unable to find any concrete
The National Organization for the Reform of Marijuana Laws (NORML) thinks it has detected a whiff of opposition to the federal government.
God help them if Obama and Romney ever had to participate in a real debate about a real issue at the Oxford Union. They would be massacred.
- On Being Ethnically Cleansed in California -- A Smoker's Lament
- Ramona Africa Talks MOVE, Liberation and Surviving 1985 Bombing - by Lamont Lilly
- Open Letter to Lynne Stewart, Ralph Poynter, and Friends - by Mark E. Smith
- Say It Ain't So - by Michael Marking
- The Dynamics of Power in a Corrupt Society - by Mark E. Smith
- Please Smoke - By Peter Brimelow
- Why I’m Not Voting - by Lara Gardner
- Spain Hasn’t Had a Federal Government for the Last 9 Months — and People Love It - by Derrick Broze
- Doctor Warns – 80% of Medical Studies are Advertisements for Big Pharma - by Christina Sarich
- How Corrupt America Is - by Eric Zuesse
- The People Are the Story–and Corporate Media Are Missing It - by Janine Jackson
- Memorial Day, May 30, 2016, Portland, Oregon Vietnam Memorial - by S. Brian Willson
- Statement on Decommissioning Nukes - by Ace Hoffman
- Everything solid vanishes at the polls - by Raúl Zibechi
- Driving Out the Mosquitoes: Making Homelessness Illegal - by Dennis J. Bernstein
- I Helped Create ISIS - by Vincent Emanuele
- The Pecking Order is for Chickens - by Mark E. Smith
- Beat Writer Pedophiles and the White Male Leftists Who Love Them - by Mickey Z.
- A Dillar, A Dollar.... - by Mark E. Smith