(This article was edited and updated on April 8, 2012)
Cold War Two
I dreamed that the November 2014 elections were different from any elections I'd experienced in my 73 years as a US citizen.
[I wrote this for the Election Boycott News list last year, but apparently neglected to post it here on Fubar.]
It's easy to talk of police brutality, but when your own people are being killed by your own government for the color of their skin, it is genocide. Genocide is much more difficult to confront and resist than something that is often dismissed as the actions of individuals or small groups of mercenaries carrying out murders they're paid to commit.
I live in the USA, a capitalist country where corporations have more rights than humans. It is perfectly legal for a corporation to make billions in profits from activities that cause irreparable harm to human health, but it is considered terrorism to attempt to interfere with those blood-drenched profits.
There is a group called Survivors of Torture International that has a chapter in my city, and I get their newsletter, sometimes attend their events, and have even occasionally donated to them. It is a very good cause and the people who give their time, money, and efforts to help survivors of torture are to be commended. But, as I’ve stated publicly, there is a problem here.
WHO Refuses to Publish Report on Cancers and Birth Defects in Iraq Caused by Depleted Uranium Ammunition - by Denis HallidaySubmitted by folkie on 15 September 2013 - 5:50pm
[FUBAR note: The reason the United States gives the Egyptian military junta $1.3 billion a year is to protect Israel. For the purpose of protecting Israel, all non-Jews are considered to be enemies or potential enemies of Israel and therefore must be kept under strict military domination.
- On Being Ethnically Cleansed in California -- A Smoker's Lament
- Ramona Africa Talks MOVE, Liberation and Surviving 1985 Bombing - by Lamont Lilly
- Open Letter to Lynne Stewart, Ralph Poynter, and Friends - by Mark E. Smith
- Say It Ain't So - by Michael Marking
- The Dynamics of Power in a Corrupt Society - by Mark E. Smith
- Please Smoke - By Peter Brimelow
- Why I’m Not Voting - by Lara Gardner
- Spain Hasn’t Had a Federal Government for the Last 9 Months — and People Love It - by Derrick Broze
- Doctor Warns – 80% of Medical Studies are Advertisements for Big Pharma - by Christina Sarich
- How Corrupt America Is - by Eric Zuesse
- The People Are the Story–and Corporate Media Are Missing It - by Janine Jackson
- Memorial Day, May 30, 2016, Portland, Oregon Vietnam Memorial - by S. Brian Willson
- Statement on Decommissioning Nukes - by Ace Hoffman
- Everything solid vanishes at the polls - by Raúl Zibechi
- Driving Out the Mosquitoes: Making Homelessness Illegal - by Dennis J. Bernstein
- I Helped Create ISIS - by Vincent Emanuele
- The Pecking Order is for Chickens - by Mark E. Smith
- Beat Writer Pedophiles and the White Male Leftists Who Love Them - by Mickey Z.
- A Dillar, A Dollar.... - by Mark E. Smith