I think most people have already seen this article from the March 14, 2012 edition of Rolling Stone, but it is so well done that I want to post the link here on Fubar for handy future reference:
We're not just a police state, which is bad enough in and of itself, we're a thoroughly corrupt police state.
Tijuana, Mexico. Dec. 5: Protesting the scorching deaths of their children for profit, several dozen families brought their heartbreak and anger to the streets of Tijuana last Sunday.
The FBI and the Murder of a Black Panther: From COINTELPRO to Post 9/11 Repression - reposted from Monthly Review MR ZineSubmitted by folkie on 6 December 2010 - 2:18am
Yesterday, December 4th, 2010, was the anniversary of the murder of Fred Hampton by the U.S. government. Here's the story from MR Zine:
This is what usually happens when authorities are allowed to control their own corruption investigations--they select the most corrupt among them for the job:
Strange case. Lots of money. Kazakhstan.
Not for everyone, though. You sort of have to be rich and be working with the CIA first.
I'm reminded once again that in Russian the word "biznizman" means criminal.
How to Blackmail the CIA
Okay, I'm reading Bill Blum's book, Rogue State, so I know the US is guilty of terrorism. I knew that before reading the book and before the recent Wikileaks document.
I was also aware that we had shipped tons of money to Afghanistan with no oversight, and most of it disappeared.
But I'm still capable of being shocked by new revelations. Here's the latest:
- Does TTIP Have a Silver Lining? - by Mark E. Smith
- Living in the Heart of Heartlessness
- Chattel Slavery in the USA: Baltimore 2015
- Mumia Held Incommunicado Since Monday
- Voting: The Sham and the Shame
- Encountering the Overseers - by Mark E. Smith
- 25 Facts About the Pharmaceutical Industry, Vaccines and “Anti-Vaxers” - by Julie Lévesque
- Breaking Out of the Invisible Prison: The Ten-Point Global Paradigm Revolution - by Prof. John McMurtry
- Mark S. Tucker’s Testicular Reasoning - by Mark E. Smith
- Response by Transport Workers Solidarity Committee to ILWU International’s Statements on ZIM Protests
- The Criminalisation of International Justice - by Alexandra Valiente
- The Revictimization of Mumia Abu Jamal - by Mark E. Smith
- The Times That Try Our Souls - by Gary G. Kohls, MD & Kevin D. Annett
- The Ebola Conspiracy: Theory and Facts - by Mark E. Smith
- Election Boycotting Can Be Co-opted - by Deborra Ann Low
- Why Voters Ignore Racism & Sexism in Congress - by Mark E. Smith
- Taking Money Out of Politics - by Mark E. Smith
- Cold War Two - by William Blum
- How Tobacco Took the Rap for Dioxin and Radiation - by Mark E. Smith
- The Secret of Israeli Chemical Weapons - by Thierry Meyssan