I think most people have already seen this article from the March 14, 2012 edition of Rolling Stone, but it is so well done that I want to post the link here on Fubar for handy future reference:
We're not just a police state, which is bad enough in and of itself, we're a thoroughly corrupt police state.
Tijuana, Mexico. Dec. 5: Protesting the scorching deaths of their children for profit, several dozen families brought their heartbreak and anger to the streets of Tijuana last Sunday.
The FBI and the Murder of a Black Panther: From COINTELPRO to Post 9/11 Repression - reposted from Monthly Review MR ZineSubmitted by folkie on 6 December 2010 - 2:18am
Yesterday, December 4th, 2010, was the anniversary of the murder of Fred Hampton by the U.S. government. Here's the story from MR Zine:
This is what usually happens when authorities are allowed to control their own corruption investigations--they select the most corrupt among them for the job:
Strange case. Lots of money. Kazakhstan.
Not for everyone, though. You sort of have to be rich and be working with the CIA first.
I'm reminded once again that in Russian the word "biznizman" means criminal.
How to Blackmail the CIA
Okay, I'm reading Bill Blum's book, Rogue State, so I know the US is guilty of terrorism. I knew that before reading the book and before the recent Wikileaks document.
I was also aware that we had shipped tons of money to Afghanistan with no oversight, and most of it disappeared.
But I'm still capable of being shocked by new revelations. Here's the latest:
- The Counterrevolutionary Constitution - by Mark E. Smith
- Cranky Old Luddite - by Mark E. Smith
- A Fifty Inch Flatscreen and a Fukushima Brewski - by Mark E. Smith
- Smoking Helps Protect Against Lung Cancer - by Joe Vialls
- Foreign Mining, State Corruption, & Genocide in Mongolia - by keith harmon snow
- You've Got to Stop Voting - by Mark E. Smith
- I Had A Dream -- by Mark E. Smith
- FAI Strikes Again: Incendiary Device at “Life Sciences” Office - Informal Anarchist Federation (F.A.I) Insurgents: Bristol North
- Improvised Explosive Devices....and Inaccurate Euphemistic Deceptions - by Sean Swain
- Open Letter to Lynne Stewart, Ralph Poynter, and Friends - by Mark E. Smith
- Profile of a Racist Zionist State - by Stephen Lendman
- On Morality - by Sean Swain
- The Future of Planet Earth. Are We the Last Surviving Generations? -by Dr. Rosalie Bertell
- A Preface to Thinking About Thinking - by Mark S. Tucker
- The Post-Mortem Assassination of Freedom Fighter and Revolutionary Prisoner Nelson Mandela - by Sean Swain
- The Hate Crime of the Century: Israel and JFK - by Mark E. Smith
- Israel — Just Another Hapless British Colony - by John Kozy
- On Fascism: One Anarchist’s Response to CrimethInc’s Podcast #11 - by Sean Swain
- Goudlock's War - by Sean Swain
- Rewind 3 - by Subcomandante Marcos