I think most people have already seen this article from the March 14, 2012 edition of Rolling Stone, but it is so well done that I want to post the link here on Fubar for handy future reference:
We're not just a police state, which is bad enough in and of itself, we're a thoroughly corrupt police state.
Tijuana, Mexico. Dec. 5: Protesting the scorching deaths of their children for profit, several dozen families brought their heartbreak and anger to the streets of Tijuana last Sunday.
The FBI and the Murder of a Black Panther: From COINTELPRO to Post 9/11 Repression - reposted from Monthly Review MR ZineSubmitted by folkie on 6 December 2010 - 2:18am
Yesterday, December 4th, 2010, was the anniversary of the murder of Fred Hampton by the U.S. government. Here's the story from MR Zine:
This is what usually happens when authorities are allowed to control their own corruption investigations--they select the most corrupt among them for the job:
Strange case. Lots of money. Kazakhstan.
Not for everyone, though. You sort of have to be rich and be working with the CIA first.
I'm reminded once again that in Russian the word "biznizman" means criminal.
How to Blackmail the CIA
Okay, I'm reading Bill Blum's book, Rogue State, so I know the US is guilty of terrorism. I knew that before reading the book and before the recent Wikileaks document.
I was also aware that we had shipped tons of money to Afghanistan with no oversight, and most of it disappeared.
But I'm still capable of being shocked by new revelations. Here's the latest:
- Oblivious Intellectuals - by Mark E. Smith
- Cunningham's out of prison... look out, Arkansas and/or Florida!! - by Ace Hoffman
- Guantanamo Fast Solidarity Statement - by S. Brian Willson
- Fuck OB People's Co-op! - by Mark E. Smith
- When Did Today Begin? - By Donnchadh Mac an Ghoill
- Russia Warns Obama: Global War Over “Bee Apocalypse” Coming Soon - by Sorcha Faal
- Pan-Africanism and Its Contradictions by Malik Sekou Osei - Veritus Vampirus #807
- GMO Labels and Lies - by Mark E. Smith
- God, Gays, Guns, Grass & GMOs - by Mark E. Smith
- 1998 Letter from Exile in Cuba - by Assata Shakur
- White Slaughter in Black Africa: Genocide and Denialism - by keith harmon snow
- Assata Shakur: Understanding the politics behind the FBI's new attack - by Eugene Puryear
- If Music Was Like Elections - by Mark E. Smith
- Voting Against Values - by Mark E. Smith
- Venezuelan April Fools Joke
- Voting to Die - by Mark E. Smith
- Where did the 11 million missing voters go? - by Mark S. Tucker
- A Jury of Her Peers? The U.S. Re-trial of Beatrice Munyenyezi - by keith harmon snow
- Chavez, Iraq, Manning, BP and more - by Bill Blum
- Thinking About Chris Dorner - by Mark E. Smith