I think most people have already seen this article from the March 14, 2012 edition of Rolling Stone, but it is so well done that I want to post the link here on Fubar for handy future reference:
We're not just a police state, which is bad enough in and of itself, we're a thoroughly corrupt police state.
Tijuana, Mexico. Dec. 5: Protesting the scorching deaths of their children for profit, several dozen families brought their heartbreak and anger to the streets of Tijuana last Sunday.
The FBI and the Murder of a Black Panther: From COINTELPRO to Post 9/11 Repression - reposted from Monthly Review MR ZineSubmitted by folkie on 6 December 2010 - 2:18am
Yesterday, December 4th, 2010, was the anniversary of the murder of Fred Hampton by the U.S. government. Here's the story from MR Zine:
This is what usually happens when authorities are allowed to control their own corruption investigations--they select the most corrupt among them for the job:
Strange case. Lots of money. Kazakhstan.
Not for everyone, though. You sort of have to be rich and be working with the CIA first.
I'm reminded once again that in Russian the word "biznizman" means criminal.
How to Blackmail the CIA
Okay, I'm reading Bill Blum's book, Rogue State, so I know the US is guilty of terrorism. I knew that before reading the book and before the recent Wikileaks document.
I was also aware that we had shipped tons of money to Afghanistan with no oversight, and most of it disappeared.
But I'm still capable of being shocked by new revelations. Here's the latest:
- The Hate Crime of the Century: Israel and JFK - by Mark E. Smith
- Israel — Just Another Hapless British Colony - by John Kozy
- On Fascism: One Anarchist’s Response to CrimethInc’s Podcast #11 - by Sean Swain
- Goudlock's War - by Sean Swain
- Rewind 3 - by Subcomandante Marcos
- Interview: Understanding and Defending North Korea - by Carlos Martinez
- Capitalism Finally Defined - by Mark S. Tucker
- Armistice Day Has Morphed Into Veterans Day* – “Thank You For Your Service!” - by S. Brian Willson
- I Think I'm Emma Goldman - by MC Sole
- Scientists Warn of Extreme Risk: Greatest Short-term Threat to Humanity is From Fukushima Fuel Pools - by Washington's Blog
- More Congo Propaganda: M23 & the Unseen High-Tech Genocide - by Keith Harmon Snow
- Will It Be Possible to Observe Voter Turnout in 2016? - by Mark E. Smith
- If He Can't Lie, It's Not His Revolution: Chris Hedges vs. Emma Goldman - by L. Raymond
- Violence! Violence! Violence! - by Sean Swain
- Lou Reed, Bobby Parker, & the Perplexities of Art & Society - by Mark S. Tucker
- (Another) Shotgun In Your Face - by Sean Swain
- The Colonizer's Corpse - by Sean Swain
- The Obamacare Trojan Hearse - by Mark S. Tucker
- Confronting Genocide: The New Black Panthers - by Mark E. Smith
- Is It Possible To Defeat Monsanto? - by Raúl Zibechi