I think most people have already seen this article from the March 14, 2012 edition of Rolling Stone, but it is so well done that I want to post the link here on Fubar for handy future reference:
We're not just a police state, which is bad enough in and of itself, we're a thoroughly corrupt police state.
Tijuana, Mexico. Dec. 5: Protesting the scorching deaths of their children for profit, several dozen families brought their heartbreak and anger to the streets of Tijuana last Sunday.
The FBI and the Murder of a Black Panther: From COINTELPRO to Post 9/11 Repression - reposted from Monthly Review MR ZineSubmitted by folkie on 6 December 2010 - 2:18am
Yesterday, December 4th, 2010, was the anniversary of the murder of Fred Hampton by the U.S. government. Here's the story from MR Zine:
This is what usually happens when authorities are allowed to control their own corruption investigations--they select the most corrupt among them for the job:
Strange case. Lots of money. Kazakhstan.
Not for everyone, though. You sort of have to be rich and be working with the CIA first.
I'm reminded once again that in Russian the word "biznizman" means criminal.
How to Blackmail the CIA
Okay, I'm reading Bill Blum's book, Rogue State, so I know the US is guilty of terrorism. I knew that before reading the book and before the recent Wikileaks document.
I was also aware that we had shipped tons of money to Afghanistan with no oversight, and most of it disappeared.
But I'm still capable of being shocked by new revelations. Here's the latest:
- Statement on Decommissioning Nukes - by Ace Hoffman
- Everything solid vanishes at the polls - by Raúl Zibechi
- Driving Out the Mosquitoes: Making Homelessness Illegal - by Dennis J. Bernstein
- I Helped Create ISIS - by Vincent Emanuele
- The Pecking Order is for Chickens - by Mark E. Smith
- Beat Writer Pedophiles and the White Male Leftists Who Love Them - by Mickey Z.
- A Dillar, A Dollar.... - by Mark E. Smith
- Do We Really Want a New World War With Russia? - by F. William Engdahl
- The Strange Consensus About Smoking - by Mark E. Smith
- Decriminalizing Blackness for Dummies - by Mark E. Smith
- US Sponsored “Occupation Democracy”: Haiti’s Cité Soleil Fights Back - by Dady Chery
- Political Prisoner Dies in US Jail for Protesting Taxation - by John Vibes
- Terror as Method: A Journalist's Search for Truth in Rwanda - by Lara Santoro
- Occupy This Question: What’s Changed in 4 Years? - by Mickey Z.
- The Hastert Case - by Sibel Edmonds
- Does TTIP Have a Silver Lining? - by Mark E. Smith
- Five Secrets to a Successful Job Hunt - by Mark E. Smith
- Living in the Heart of Heartlessness
- Chattel Slavery in the USA: Baltimore 2015