$6 billion was blown on the 2012 election cycle. Along with that expense comes
one overall goal ? the legitimacy of the state. And even with that whopping
I knew nothing about the Spanish revolution until recently, but
reading some books has been very enlightening. Here's a portion from a
chapter called "The Clandestine Revolution," in the book Durruti in
the Spanish Revolution by Abel Paz, that I've just finished
It has happened many times, in the United States, in Spain, in Egypt, and many
other places. First there is a revolution with a lot of bloodshed. Eventually
"France no longer recognizes its children," lamented Guillaume Roquette in an editorial in the Figaro weekly magazine in Paris. "How can the country of Victor Hugo, secularism and family reunions produce jihadists capable of attacking a kosher grocery store?" 1
South Dakota Retaliates Against Whistleblowers: Child Abuse Of Native American Teens By Foster ParentSubmitted by folkie on 5 January 2013 - 6:43am
Next Monday, January 7, two South Dakota state employees who risked their jobs to punish a rapist of a Lakota foster girl are being put on trial for crimes they didn’t commit. It’s part of an effort by state authorities to prevent anyone from exposing corruption at the Department of Social Services.
It is possible now to live in a major American city, which boasts of a Black mayor, a Black police chief, and a Black president of a local legislative body, say, a city council, or county commission.
That’s largely because of Black population concentrations in urban districts, and their utilization of their voting power.
Southern California Edison, the operator of the (non-operating) San Onofre Nuclear Waste Generating Station, is running out of options.
Sure wish I'd known about this site when Rossi was still alive, but I doubt he'd have taken it seriously. He believed in the system of western technological progress that is killing us and the planet.
Many voters believe that voting can bring about social progress through legislation, but I've been unable to find any concrete
The National Organization for the Reform of Marijuana Laws (NORML) thinks it has detected a whiff of opposition to the federal government.
I'm reading a book I happened to pick up at the library called Free Radicals: The Secret Anarchy of Science by Michael Brooks. Brooks talks about how scientists skirt the rules and often make discoveries in unorthodox ways. On p. 154, he says that the scientist Lise Meitner had been told by her grandma that if she did her embroidery on the Sabbath, the sky would fall down.
A lot of research has been done into why people become serial killers. Usually
they have been abused as kids and never had strong family attachments. They're
looking for love in all the wrong places. But US voters are also serial
killers. No matter who they vote for, they are granting their consent of the
San Diego Democrats are rejoicing and celebrating. Not only was Obama reelected, but we have a
new Mayor who is also a Democrat. I've met and spoken with Bob Filner on several occasions and
although I don't vote, I'd predicted that he'd be elected. San Diego is facing a fiscal cliff of its own
- On Being Ethnically Cleansed in California -- A Smoker's Lament
- Ramona Africa Talks MOVE, Liberation and Surviving 1985 Bombing - by Lamont Lilly
- Open Letter to Lynne Stewart, Ralph Poynter, and Friends - by Mark E. Smith
- Say It Ain't So - by Michael Marking
- The Dynamics of Power in a Corrupt Society - by Mark E. Smith
- Please Smoke - By Peter Brimelow
- Why I’m Not Voting - by Lara Gardner
- Spain Hasn’t Had a Federal Government for the Last 9 Months — and People Love It - by Derrick Broze
- Doctor Warns – 80% of Medical Studies are Advertisements for Big Pharma - by Christina Sarich
- How Corrupt America Is - by Eric Zuesse
- The People Are the Story–and Corporate Media Are Missing It - by Janine Jackson
- Memorial Day, May 30, 2016, Portland, Oregon Vietnam Memorial - by S. Brian Willson
- Statement on Decommissioning Nukes - by Ace Hoffman
- Everything solid vanishes at the polls - by Raúl Zibechi
- Driving Out the Mosquitoes: Making Homelessness Illegal - by Dennis J. Bernstein
- I Helped Create ISIS - by Vincent Emanuele
- The Pecking Order is for Chickens - by Mark E. Smith
- Beat Writer Pedophiles and the White Male Leftists Who Love Them - by Mickey Z.
- A Dillar, A Dollar.... - by Mark E. Smith