Today, while at the organic food cooperative where I do most of my shopping, I ran into one of their founders, a dear man, a good man, and a man I've known for many years and happen to like. He and his wife, the co-op's general manager, helped take the co-op from a hippie storefront thirty years ago, to the multi-million dollar business it is today.
First I'm going to copy the latest articles by Ace Hoffman about restarting the San Onofre nuclear power plant, and then I'm going to explain why the problem is not the regulators or those who appointed them, but those who vote to grant them the power to kill us all:
Beatrice Munyenyezi is a Rwandan woman who survived the genocides in both Rwanda (1991-1995) and Congo (1994-1998), both of which were facilitated by Paul Kagame and the U.S.
The Anti-Empire Report #114
By William Blum – Published March 11th, 2013
I once wrote about Chilean president Salvador Allende:
In the last part of this issue of Veritas Vampirus, Mark S. Tucker asks a very significant question.
I'd posted what purported to be Dorner's manifesto on Fubar, but I've since deleted it as it turns out to be at least partly faked.
[There are videos and music that accompany these messages, but since I'm on dial-up I cannot watch or listen to them, no less repost them here. But I have included the links and given the link to the source from which I copied each message, so if you have broadband, you can find them there. --Mark]
For anyone who hasn't already read Dougla A. Blackmon's book, Slavery by Another Name: The Re-Enslavement of Black Americans from the Civil War to World War II, it is a must read. You can find the publisher's review along with reviews by many readers on amazon, goodreads, and many other sites.
Egypt’s Constitutional Referendum: Did President Morsi Hijack Democracy? - by Mahdi Darius NazemroayaSubmitted by folkie on 26 January 2013 - 1:33pm
President Morsi created a
Thought I'd repost some recent stuff from the Blog of the Wellington Zapatista Support Group. I'll post the link below each segment, but you may have to go to the original Spanish to find all the links mentioned.
Lynne Stewart, the attorney who is serving a ten year sentence because she refused to express remorse for having done the right thing, has had a recurrence and metastasis of cancer and is unable to get proper treatment. Here are some links to the story:
$6 billion was blown on the 2012 election cycle. Along with that expense comes
one overall goal ? the legitimacy of the state. And even with that whopping
- Ramona Africa Talks MOVE, Liberation and Surviving 1985 Bombing - by Lamont Lilly
- Open Letter to Lynne Stewart, Ralph Poynter, and Friends - by Mark E. Smith
- Say It Ain't So - by Michael Marking
- The Dynamics of Power in a Corrupt Society - by Mark E. Smith
- Please Smoke - By Peter Brimelow
- Why I’m Not Voting - by Lara Gardner
- Spain Hasn’t Had a Federal Government for the Last 9 Months — and People Love It - by Derrick Broze
- Doctor Warns – 80% of Medical Studies are Advertisements for Big Pharma - by Christina Sarich
- How Corrupt America Is - by Eric Zuesse
- The People Are the Story–and Corporate Media Are Missing It - by Janine Jackson
- Memorial Day, May 30, 2016, Portland, Oregon Vietnam Memorial - by S. Brian Willson
- Statement on Decommissioning Nukes - by Ace Hoffman
- Everything solid vanishes at the polls - by Raúl Zibechi
- Driving Out the Mosquitoes: Making Homelessness Illegal - by Dennis J. Bernstein
- I Helped Create ISIS - by Vincent Emanuele
- The Pecking Order is for Chickens - by Mark E. Smith
- Beat Writer Pedophiles and the White Male Leftists Who Love Them - by Mickey Z.
- A Dillar, A Dollar.... - by Mark E. Smith
- Do We Really Want a New World War With Russia? - by F. William Engdahl