Back in the 1990s, I was employed as a part-time physician on the medical staff of a mental hospital that was slowly being emptied out of its chronic “mentally ill” in-patients into smaller, theoretically less costly residential treatment facilities.
Holocaust Survivor's Daughter Will Defy Apartheid Israel to Save African Refugees - by Mark E. SmithSubmitted by folkie on 3 July 2013 - 1:11am
Those of us familiar with Holocaust studies know of the righteous Christians who defied the Nazis to save Jews. Although Anne Frank's story is best known, there were many others. Today in Israel, it is Black refugees who have been targeted for deportation. Blacks in Israel have been subjected to hate crimes and attacks by angry mobs.
Just because a person is smart, doesn't mean that they are aware of everything going on.
Cunningham's out of prison... look out, Arkansas and/or Florida!!
S Brian Willson, 71 years old, Guantanamo Fast Solidarity Statement, June 4, 2013.
My Personal Fast
I just got the June issue of the Ocean Beach People's Organic Food Co-op News and I'm so angry I can barely type.
When Did Today Begin?
Book Review: Slouching Towards Sirte: NATO’s War on Libya and Africa by Maximilian Forte
(Hat tip to Gary Ghirardi!)
Russia Warns Obama: Global War Over “Bee Apocalypse” Coming Soon
By: Sorcha Faal, and as reported to her Western Subscribers
Veritas Vampirus #807: Osei & the Eccentrics
Organic consumers recently learned to their horror that three corporations had been including genetically modified ingredients in food products labeled organic or non-GMO. The reaction of these consumers, who want to know what's in their food and who consider genetically modified organisms (GMOs) dangerous, was to increase their demands for GMO labeling.
It isn't easy to get people to vote in the United States.
Open Letter from Assata Shakur
Assata Shakur: Understanding the politics behind the FBI’s new attack
- On Being Ethnically Cleansed in California -- A Smoker's Lament
- Ramona Africa Talks MOVE, Liberation and Surviving 1985 Bombing - by Lamont Lilly
- Open Letter to Lynne Stewart, Ralph Poynter, and Friends - by Mark E. Smith
- Say It Ain't So - by Michael Marking
- The Dynamics of Power in a Corrupt Society - by Mark E. Smith
- Please Smoke - By Peter Brimelow
- Why I’m Not Voting - by Lara Gardner
- Spain Hasn’t Had a Federal Government for the Last 9 Months — and People Love It - by Derrick Broze
- Doctor Warns – 80% of Medical Studies are Advertisements for Big Pharma - by Christina Sarich
- How Corrupt America Is - by Eric Zuesse
- The People Are the Story–and Corporate Media Are Missing It - by Janine Jackson
- Memorial Day, May 30, 2016, Portland, Oregon Vietnam Memorial - by S. Brian Willson
- Statement on Decommissioning Nukes - by Ace Hoffman
- Everything solid vanishes at the polls - by Raúl Zibechi
- Driving Out the Mosquitoes: Making Homelessness Illegal - by Dennis J. Bernstein
- I Helped Create ISIS - by Vincent Emanuele
- The Pecking Order is for Chickens - by Mark E. Smith
- Beat Writer Pedophiles and the White Male Leftists Who Love Them - by Mickey Z.
- A Dillar, A Dollar.... - by Mark E. Smith