This essay on the Zapatistas’ Women’s Revolutionary Law twenty years on, draws on Zapatista women’s reflections, together with a decades-long engagement with indigenous feminism and Zapatismo.
22 July 2014
Yehuda Weinstein, Esq.
Attorney General of Israel
Minister of Defense
MK Moshe Yaalon
Military Advocate General
By fax: +972-3-5694526
From time to time I’ve published an occasional issue of Mark S. Tucker’s newsletter, Veritas Vampirus, here on Fubar. While V.V. is primarily dedicated to exposing Rob Kall for the buffoon he is, Tucker also uses it to express his opinion on various other topics.
[Note: This is what can happen when you elect people who don't know what they're doing, who can then appoint people who don't know what they're doing, to represent the public in making life or death decisions for everyone. --folkie]
A recent meme originating from the Facebook Group called, "Election Boycott Advocates," stated the following: "ELECTION BOYCOTTING CANNOT BE CO-OPTED: How cool is that?" Actually, there's nothing cool about that, because it isn't true.
U.S. voters are pretty evenly divided amongst Democrats and Republicans, with only a very small fraction voting for third parties. Democrats tend to be terrified that the Koch brothers' money will sway elections, while Republicans are fearful that Soros money will sway elections. In truth, both are voting more against the other party than voting for their own party.
Every time I read the latest bad-and-getting-worse news about the health of the ecosphere, such as last month’s report that the melting of some giant glaciers had passed the point of no return, I think back to a conversation 25 years ago that helps me put such news in perspective.
The gentleman in this video http://vimeo.com/3869895 is Sanho Tree,
someone I happened to be following on Twitter. I had not seen the
video, and I did not know that Sanho works with Witness for Peace of
Update May 4, 2014: If you can't get "Waving the Banana..." to load, you can read it or download the .pdf file here: http://oxthepunx.wordpress.com/writing/
Waving the Banana at Capitalism: Freegans and the Politics of Waste in New York City - by Alex V. BarnardSubmitted by folkie on 28 March 2014 - 7:02pm
Waving the Banana at Capitalism: Freegans and the Politics of Waste in New York City
by Alex V. Barnard
University of California, Berkeley*
- On Being Ethnically Cleansed in California -- A Smoker's Lament
- Ramona Africa Talks MOVE, Liberation and Surviving 1985 Bombing - by Lamont Lilly
- Open Letter to Lynne Stewart, Ralph Poynter, and Friends - by Mark E. Smith
- Say It Ain't So - by Michael Marking
- The Dynamics of Power in a Corrupt Society - by Mark E. Smith
- Please Smoke - By Peter Brimelow
- Why I’m Not Voting - by Lara Gardner
- Spain Hasn’t Had a Federal Government for the Last 9 Months — and People Love It - by Derrick Broze
- Doctor Warns – 80% of Medical Studies are Advertisements for Big Pharma - by Christina Sarich
- How Corrupt America Is - by Eric Zuesse
- The People Are the Story–and Corporate Media Are Missing It - by Janine Jackson
- Memorial Day, May 30, 2016, Portland, Oregon Vietnam Memorial - by S. Brian Willson
- Statement on Decommissioning Nukes - by Ace Hoffman
- Everything solid vanishes at the polls - by Raúl Zibechi
- Driving Out the Mosquitoes: Making Homelessness Illegal - by Dennis J. Bernstein
- I Helped Create ISIS - by Vincent Emanuele
- The Pecking Order is for Chickens - by Mark E. Smith
- Beat Writer Pedophiles and the White Male Leftists Who Love Them - by Mickey Z.
- A Dillar, A Dollar.... - by Mark E. Smith