What a distraction an election is from serious pursuit of our human responsibilities and sensitivities.
I’ve seen and heard an election dogma that can only be described as pure, unadulterated nihilism. A complete void of being. It goes as follows: “it doesn’t matter who you vote for, the only important thing is that you vote.” Another version plays with words a bit: “the only wrong choice is not to vote.”
Mark E. Smith Discusses 'Consent To Tyranny'
- When Thursday, October 25, 2012, 4 p.m.
“What if they held an election and nobody came?”
Jill Stein is the Green Party candidate for President of the United Capitalist Imperialist States in 2012, and she certainly appears to be the much lesser evil. Of course Stein and her running mate, Cheri Honkala, know that they can't win, but their goal is to get on the corporate ballot in as many states as possible and get enough votes to qualify for corporate matching funds.
** Relatives affirm that the Tzotzil professor now receives “careful and dignified attention”
Candlelit Vigil to Honor Martyrs of the Maspero Massacre - by the Coalition to Defend the Egyptian RevolutionSubmitted by folkie on 12 October 2012 - 10:08am
Call from the Coalition to Defend the Egyptian Revolution
Candlelight Vigil to Honor Martyrs of the Maspero Massacre
Friday October 12, 2012 – 7:00 PM
Union Square, Manhattan
Many of us have spent decades connecting the dots in the JFK assassination. But when you fill an entire screen with dots, they're called pixels and can provide a complete picture.
Carter: 'Financial corruption' harms US elections
By BILL BARROW Associated Press
I'd like to repost this here, but being on dial-up it is really difficult, so please read it at the link:
Transcript of Julian Assange’s Address to the UN on Human Rights - given on Wednesday 26th September 2012Submitted by folkie on 28 September 2012 - 12:12am
Watch the speech: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM4M4OsP6hQ
- On Being Ethnically Cleansed in California -- A Smoker's Lament
- Ramona Africa Talks MOVE, Liberation and Surviving 1985 Bombing - by Lamont Lilly
- Open Letter to Lynne Stewart, Ralph Poynter, and Friends - by Mark E. Smith
- Say It Ain't So - by Michael Marking
- The Dynamics of Power in a Corrupt Society - by Mark E. Smith
- Please Smoke - By Peter Brimelow
- Why I’m Not Voting - by Lara Gardner
- Spain Hasn’t Had a Federal Government for the Last 9 Months — and People Love It - by Derrick Broze
- Doctor Warns – 80% of Medical Studies are Advertisements for Big Pharma - by Christina Sarich
- How Corrupt America Is - by Eric Zuesse
- The People Are the Story–and Corporate Media Are Missing It - by Janine Jackson
- Memorial Day, May 30, 2016, Portland, Oregon Vietnam Memorial - by S. Brian Willson
- Statement on Decommissioning Nukes - by Ace Hoffman
- Everything solid vanishes at the polls - by Raúl Zibechi
- Driving Out the Mosquitoes: Making Homelessness Illegal - by Dennis J. Bernstein
- I Helped Create ISIS - by Vincent Emanuele
- The Pecking Order is for Chickens - by Mark E. Smith
- Beat Writer Pedophiles and the White Male Leftists Who Love Them - by Mickey Z.
- A Dillar, A Dollar.... - by Mark E. Smith