A place for Native American Indian Recipes... Frybread
granny quick frybread
10 to 12 servings
4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 1/2 cups warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
4 cups shortening for frying
1. Combine flour, salt, and baking powder. Stir in 1 1/2 cups lukewarm water. Knead until soft... not sticky. Make dough into balls about 3 inches in diameter. Using a lightly coated flour board, Flatten into patties 1/2 inch thick, and make a tiny hole in the center of each patty.
2. Fry one at a time in about an inch or so of hot shortening, turning to brown on both sides. Drain on fine linen cloth ( paper towel if you have to ) inside a woven wire strainer with catch bowl or pan. Some fry bread in shortening ( Like Me ) and some prefer oil. 375 is a good heat but a little hotter will prevent the bread from absorbing the oil. You can also adjust the salt up to a full teaspoon if you desire... tablespoon of sugar or honey can be added to dough also for a sweeter taste... it's all about personal Taste!
Don't over work the dough... it will make it tough... and medium sized cast iron skillet is best for bread, it maintains a steady temp... I'm hungry now!
- Ramona Africa Talks MOVE, Liberation and Surviving 1985 Bombing - by Lamont Lilly
- Open Letter to Lynne Stewart, Ralph Poynter, and Friends - by Mark E. Smith
- Say It Ain't So - by Michael Marking
- The Dynamics of Power in a Corrupt Society - by Mark E. Smith
- Please Smoke - By Peter Brimelow
- Why I’m Not Voting - by Lara Gardner
- Spain Hasn’t Had a Federal Government for the Last 9 Months — and People Love It - by Derrick Broze
- Doctor Warns – 80% of Medical Studies are Advertisements for Big Pharma - by Christina Sarich
- How Corrupt America Is - by Eric Zuesse
- The People Are the Story–and Corporate Media Are Missing It - by Janine Jackson
- Memorial Day, May 30, 2016, Portland, Oregon Vietnam Memorial - by S. Brian Willson
- Statement on Decommissioning Nukes - by Ace Hoffman
- Everything solid vanishes at the polls - by Raúl Zibechi
- Driving Out the Mosquitoes: Making Homelessness Illegal - by Dennis J. Bernstein
- I Helped Create ISIS - by Vincent Emanuele
- The Pecking Order is for Chickens - by Mark E. Smith
- Beat Writer Pedophiles and the White Male Leftists Who Love Them - by Mickey Z.
- A Dillar, A Dollar.... - by Mark E. Smith
- Do We Really Want a New World War With Russia? - by F. William Engdahl