Does TTIP Have a Silver Lining? - by Mark E. Smith
When I was a kid cartoonists who wanted to depict a lunatic would draw a guy carrying a placard saying, "The end of the world is nigh." Nowadays Doomers tend to be respected scientists and their well-documented evidence is undisputable. It is those who still believe in government, science, technology, progress, and development who are out of touch with reality. Civilization is deadly and capitalism is its most lethal form. John Africa founded MOVE to teach this truth, and it is why he and his followers were bombed in Philadelphia.
If something is harmful, capitalism will fund it, protect it from liability, and even make it mandatory:
The Polio Vaccine: A Global Scourge Still Threatening Humanity
9 Tons Of Radiotoxic Isotopes Came Out Of Fukushima, Enough To Kill The Whole Human Race By Internal Radiation
On the other hand, if something is helpful, capitalism will try to ban it the way that medical marijuana was outlawed for most of my life:
Smoking Helps Protect Against Lung Cancer
RED ALERT: FDA Set to Ban Your Supplements
Now people are warning about the dangers of TTIP, which will allow corporations to sue cities, states, and nations that ban harmful products. But there may be a silver lining here. For example, tobacco companies could sue California for restraint of trade. Medical marijuana clinics could sue the US government and states that still ban pot for restraint of trade. Doctors and clinics could sue the US government and the AMA for restraint of trade when they banned alternative cancer treatments.
Since the only deciding factor seems to be loss of profits, perhaps builders of tiny homes could sue cities with building codes requiring sewage connections.
A Doomer myself, I'm not usually one to look on the bright side of things, but there are definite possibilities for TTIP.
- On Being Ethnically Cleansed in California -- A Smoker's Lament
- Ramona Africa Talks MOVE, Liberation and Surviving 1985 Bombing - by Lamont Lilly
- Open Letter to Lynne Stewart, Ralph Poynter, and Friends - by Mark E. Smith
- Say It Ain't So - by Michael Marking
- The Dynamics of Power in a Corrupt Society - by Mark E. Smith
- Please Smoke - By Peter Brimelow
- Why I’m Not Voting - by Lara Gardner
- Spain Hasn’t Had a Federal Government for the Last 9 Months — and People Love It - by Derrick Broze
- Doctor Warns – 80% of Medical Studies are Advertisements for Big Pharma - by Christina Sarich
- How Corrupt America Is - by Eric Zuesse
- The People Are the Story–and Corporate Media Are Missing It - by Janine Jackson
- Memorial Day, May 30, 2016, Portland, Oregon Vietnam Memorial - by S. Brian Willson
- Statement on Decommissioning Nukes - by Ace Hoffman
- Everything solid vanishes at the polls - by Raúl Zibechi
- Driving Out the Mosquitoes: Making Homelessness Illegal - by Dennis J. Bernstein
- I Helped Create ISIS - by Vincent Emanuele
- The Pecking Order is for Chickens - by Mark E. Smith
- Beat Writer Pedophiles and the White Male Leftists Who Love Them - by Mickey Z.
- A Dillar, A Dollar.... - by Mark E. Smith