Mark S. Tucker’s Testicular Reasoning - by Mark E. Smith
From time to time I’ve published an occasional issue of Mark S. Tucker’s newsletter, Veritas Vampirus, here on Fubar. While V.V. is primarily dedicated to exposing Rob Kall for the buffoon he is, Tucker also uses it to express his opinion on various other topics.
Tucker is the author of an unpublished book which I suspect will, when published, shake the English-speaking world due to it’s exposure of the nonsense that currently constitutes English grammar, and his replacement of absurdities with things that make sense. Tucker is also thoughtful and knowledgeable about other subjects, but he is sexist and cannot see it or admit it.
In V.V. #(1)984, July 18, 2014, Tucker wrote:
"Such lines of fact and reason swiftly get me a lot of nowhere neither nohow with conversation partners, so the next "logic" I hear in “proof” or refutation usually defaults to pointing out that men do indeed run everything, and, I am told, that's why the world's fucked up. Agreed, I say, men do run everything, and the world’s VERY fucked up, but in what logical fashion does that imply that women would do better? I cite Margaret Thatcher, Jane Harman, Hilary Clinton, Jeanne Kirkpatrick, Dianne Feinstein, Oprah Winfrey, Michelle Bachman, Manne Coulter, Andrea Dworkin, Ayn Rand, etc., and then usually have to be tied down and gagged before I go on for days and years encanting the whole encyclopedia.”
I’m sure that somebody must have said that women would do better, but certainly not Dworkin. She was persecuted by many right-wing women. Dworkin certainly did not believe that men ruled the world, but that patriarchal men and women ruled the world. The system (patriarchy) is corrupt, so the sex of those in power within that system makes no difference whatsoever. Therefore I emailed Tucker:
“What sort of misogyny would compel someone to place Dworkin's name among a list of female war criminals?
What war did she ever advocate?
Either you never read Dworkin, or you read her dismissively, thinking, ‘female,’ ‘feminist,’ nothing to see here because I already know she's full of shit.
Well, she wasn't. Derrick Jensen plagiarized her stuff but never credited her because he was afraid of the blowback if he did.
When he said it, it was genius, but when she said it first, it wasn't?
Dworkin wasn't anti-porn. She was anti-exploitation. When erotica didn't exploit anyone, she had no problem with it.
Dworkin wasn't anti-men. She was anti-patriarchy, and of course it is patriarchy that makes people, both patriarchal males and patriarchal females, perpetuate exploitive and limiting gender roles, not men.”
Now since Dworkin was neither right-wing, nor a capitalist spokespuppet, nor a war criminal, Tucker couldn’t answer, so he replied that he was busy and couldn’t waste his time with my "squalling,” “passive aggressions,” “arrogance,” “mania,” and “nonsense.”
Somehow he managed to find time for those personal attacks, which is what people do when they lack rational arguments.
In fact, in this and in my previous correspondence with Tucker, I learned that he cannot or will not distinguish between sex and gender (sex is physical while gender is social), matriarchy and patriarchy (matriarchy glorifies life while patriarchy glorifies death), or porn and erotica (porn is degrading while erotica is not).
This shouldn’t be surprising, as few males could, among them the late Juan Santos and the great Stan Goff, both warriors who started out as sexist as Tucker but were able to learn better later in life. But just because a rare few can learn, doesn't mean that everyone can. When it comes to these particular topics, Tucker appears to be a bit like his some-time idol, Noam Chomsky, who believes that he knew all that there was to know about voting when he was seven years old and therefore wasn’t open to learning anything new. If you already know it all, what can anyone teach you?
I could, if I wished, devote some space on Fubar to exposing Tucker for the sexist buffoon he is, but I have better things to do.
Andrea Dworkin had twice Tucker's intellect, was a much better writer, and had something that Tucker distinctly lacks: boundless empathy and compassion for others--for all who are oppressed and suffer.
So, I am unsubscribing from Veritas Vampirus and you won’t see any more of Tucker’s work here. If you wish to subscribe to his newsletter, just write to him at firstname.lastname@example.org
- On Being Ethnically Cleansed in California -- A Smoker's Lament
- Ramona Africa Talks MOVE, Liberation and Surviving 1985 Bombing - by Lamont Lilly
- Open Letter to Lynne Stewart, Ralph Poynter, and Friends - by Mark E. Smith
- Say It Ain't So - by Michael Marking
- The Dynamics of Power in a Corrupt Society - by Mark E. Smith
- Please Smoke - By Peter Brimelow
- Why I’m Not Voting - by Lara Gardner
- Spain Hasn’t Had a Federal Government for the Last 9 Months — and People Love It - by Derrick Broze
- Doctor Warns – 80% of Medical Studies are Advertisements for Big Pharma - by Christina Sarich
- How Corrupt America Is - by Eric Zuesse
- The People Are the Story–and Corporate Media Are Missing It - by Janine Jackson
- Memorial Day, May 30, 2016, Portland, Oregon Vietnam Memorial - by S. Brian Willson
- Statement on Decommissioning Nukes - by Ace Hoffman
- Everything solid vanishes at the polls - by Raúl Zibechi
- Driving Out the Mosquitoes: Making Homelessness Illegal - by Dennis J. Bernstein
- I Helped Create ISIS - by Vincent Emanuele
- The Pecking Order is for Chickens - by Mark E. Smith
- Beat Writer Pedophiles and the White Male Leftists Who Love Them - by Mickey Z.
- A Dillar, A Dollar.... - by Mark E. Smith