Lynne Stewart: As Fucked Up As It Gets - by Mark E. Smith
Lynne Stewart, the attorney who is serving a ten year sentence because she refused to express remorse for having done the right thing, has had a recurrence and metastasis of cancer and is unable to get proper treatment. Here are some links to the story:
Press TV: Jailed US lawyer of blind Egyptian cleric denied cancer treatment http://www.presstv.ir/detail/2013/01/23/285073/jailed-us-lawyer-denied-cancer-treatment/
Internationalist Prison Books Collective: Lynne Stewart's Health Deteriorating http://prisonbooks.info/2013/01/17/lynne-stewarts-health-deteriorating/
Socialist Worker: A new threat for Lynne Stewart http://socialistworker.org/2013/01/22/new-threat-for-lynne-stewart
This is fucked up on so many levels it's hard to know where to start. It is the US "war on terror" that is illegal, and US arrest and detention policies have no basis in US or international law. Once having denied victims their human and civil rights, the US then denies them proper legal assistance, if they're allowed any mockery of due process at all. Lynne Stewart did nothing wrong and is in prison for knowing she did nothing wrong and refusing to apologize when she did nothing wrong. It is the US government that has been wrong, not Lynne.
But complicating matters is the fact that the US health industry recently admitted that everything it has been doing to treat cancer for the past ten years is also wrong and was based on falsified "science." Would a Texas prison or hospital be likely to know that or care? If she gets any treatment at all, it is likely to be the same old incorrect treatment previously given to cancer patients that will cause her unnecessary suffering and hasten her death.
The US was just as diligent in persecuting people who tried to save cancer patients as it is in persecuting those who try to save victims of US state terrorism. Doctors who prescribed effective cancer treatments were hounded, punished, lost their licenses, and were unable to practice in the US. It was illegal for cancer patients to seek "unorthodox" or "alternative" treatments, even though we now know that the standard treatments were based on fraudulent "science." But Texas is a notoriously backwards state and is unlikely to change their procedures just because everyone else in the world has.
Leave it to the United States to deny a diligent and honest attorney the right to practice law, and then cause her needless suffering and death because they've denied those doctors who could have cured her the right to practice medicine.
The news that all accepted science about cancer was fraudulent came a few months too late to save Fubar's former co-host, Curt Sherwood aka Rossi, who suffered and died from standard cancer treatment, which included prescribing chemotherapy to him despite the fact that he had almost no liver function, something that not even the corporate health care industry does any more. Just a few months, and he might have listened to those of us who tried to warn him. I'm sure that Lynne's friends have warned her about the dangers of standard cancer treatments, but if she is allowed any treatment at all, that might be her only option.
As Rossi used to say, Fuck The World!
- On Being Ethnically Cleansed in California -- A Smoker's Lament
- Ramona Africa Talks MOVE, Liberation and Surviving 1985 Bombing - by Lamont Lilly
- Open Letter to Lynne Stewart, Ralph Poynter, and Friends - by Mark E. Smith
- Say It Ain't So - by Michael Marking
- The Dynamics of Power in a Corrupt Society - by Mark E. Smith
- Please Smoke - By Peter Brimelow
- Why I’m Not Voting - by Lara Gardner
- Spain Hasn’t Had a Federal Government for the Last 9 Months — and People Love It - by Derrick Broze
- Doctor Warns – 80% of Medical Studies are Advertisements for Big Pharma - by Christina Sarich
- How Corrupt America Is - by Eric Zuesse
- The People Are the Story–and Corporate Media Are Missing It - by Janine Jackson
- Memorial Day, May 30, 2016, Portland, Oregon Vietnam Memorial - by S. Brian Willson
- Statement on Decommissioning Nukes - by Ace Hoffman
- Everything solid vanishes at the polls - by Raúl Zibechi
- Driving Out the Mosquitoes: Making Homelessness Illegal - by Dennis J. Bernstein
- I Helped Create ISIS - by Vincent Emanuele
- The Pecking Order is for Chickens - by Mark E. Smith
- Beat Writer Pedophiles and the White Male Leftists Who Love Them - by Mickey Z.
- A Dillar, A Dollar.... - by Mark E. Smith