Was San Diego Mayor Sanders Elected? - by Mark E. Smith
I've never believed that Jerry Sanders was actually elected. Various election integrity groups in San Diego had observers at the polls and I'd gone to sleep the night of the election believing that Donna Frye had won because most polling place results showed her winning by comfortable a two-to-one or three-to-one margin. But when the results were announced, the elections officials said that the race had been determined by absentee ballots. Nobody had been able to see the absentee votes being counted because the election officials conveniently "forgot" to notify the official observers. The officials claimed that, unlike most San Diego voters, absentee voters had voted heavily for Sanders in sufficient numbers to ensure his win. Since San Diego election results, like more than 92% of results in US elections, are unverifiable, there was no way to prove otherwise.
Now here's a story in the news a few days ago about elections officials in another California city pleading guilty to tampering with absentee ballots:
Since the public cannot observe the arrival of absentee mail-in ballots, the officials simply opened the ballots, threw out the votes for other candidates, and resealed the votes for themselves that would be counted. I think that's how it was probably done in San Diego also.
It took three elections for the real estate developers and corrupt elections officials to get Sanders into office. In the first election the extremely popular environmentalist City Councilwoman Donna Frye won as a write-in candidate. The election official at the time then threw out about 5,000 votes for Frye because the voters hadn't filled in a little bubble to enable the Diebold optical scanners to read (and then flip) the ballots. She promptly resigned and an even more corrupt election official replaced her, a former Diebold spokesperson. There were many protests in San Diego, but California law does not allow the clear intent of the voter to be taken into account--only the requirements of the voting machine manufacturers are considered. When a State legislator tried to introduce legislation to correct that, the Governor threatened to veto it and the bill was withdrawn. It probably wouldn't have had the votes to pass anyway, as I believe that most elected officials won their elections through fraud.
Elections officials claimed that the second election did not show a clear majority, as they had apparently been unable to overcome the heavy vote for Donna Frye because there were too many candidates running against her, so a third election was held. This time the elections officials, claiming that San Diego's absentee voters had voted differently from voters who had gone to the polls, gave the win to Sanders. Perhaps one day, after the city has declared bankruptcy, a whistleblower may step forward and tell us what really happened. More likely we'll never know for sure because there is no way to verify the results of US elections. And San Diego, due to an authoritarian City Clerk, who pushed it through against the wishes of the Citizens' Committee on Elections which she had convened and of which I was a member, has switched almost entirely to absentee ballots, eliminating most polling places.
- Oblivious Intellectuals - by Mark E. Smith
- Cunningham's out of prison... look out, Arkansas and/or Florida!! - by Ace Hoffman
- Guantanamo Fast Solidarity Statement - by S. Brian Willson
- Fuck OB People's Co-op! - by Mark E. Smith
- When Did Today Begin? - By Donnchadh Mac an Ghoill
- Russia Warns Obama: Global War Over “Bee Apocalypse” Coming Soon - by Sorcha Faal
- Pan-Africanism and Its Contradictions by Malik Sekou Osei - Veritus Vampirus #807
- GMO Labels and Lies - by Mark E. Smith
- God, Gays, Guns, Grass & GMOs - by Mark E. Smith
- 1998 Letter from Exile in Cuba - by Assata Shakur
- White Slaughter in Black Africa: Genocide and Denialism - by keith harmon snow
- Assata Shakur: Understanding the politics behind the FBI's new attack - by Eugene Puryear
- If Music Was Like Elections - by Mark E. Smith
- Voting Against Values - by Mark E. Smith
- Venezuelan April Fools Joke
- Voting to Die - by Mark E. Smith
- Where did the 11 million missing voters go? - by Mark S. Tucker
- A Jury of Her Peers? The U.S. Re-trial of Beatrice Munyenyezi - by keith harmon snow
- Chavez, Iraq, Manning, BP and more - by Bill Blum
- Thinking About Chris Dorner - by Mark E. Smith