Leonard Peltier: Not Everyone In Prison is Innocent
I have deleted the "Free Peltier" link that Rossi had posted in the right sidebar. While Peltier may or may not be guilty of the crimes with which he is charged, some who were close to the incidents at the time do not support him. Their reasons can be inferred from this recent article by his attorney:
His attorney suspects that Peltier's must trusted adviser at the time was an FBI infiltrator and that this was also true of other AIM leaders. There was concern among the AIM leadership about infiltrators, so it is quite likely that the actual feds, to maintain their positions of trust within the movement, pointed the finger at innocent people who were then killed by AIM as being FBI infiltrators and/or informants.
Those who knew the truth were not listened to at the time and have not forgotten or forgiven the brutal and needless murders they believe to have been perpetrated by gullible and arrogant AIM leaders who trusted FBI informants who toadied to them, and did not trust some of the women in AIM who tried to warn them. This was a tragedy within a tragedy within a tragedy.
- Statement on Decommissioning Nukes - by Ace Hoffman
- Everything solid vanishes at the polls - by Raúl Zibechi
- Driving Out the Mosquitoes: Making Homelessness Illegal - by Dennis J. Bernstein
- I Helped Create ISIS - by Vincent Emanuele
- The Pecking Order is for Chickens - by Mark E. Smith
- Beat Writer Pedophiles and the White Male Leftists Who Love Them - by Mickey Z.
- A Dillar, A Dollar.... - by Mark E. Smith
- Do We Really Want a New World War With Russia? - by F. William Engdahl
- The Strange Consensus About Smoking - by Mark E. Smith
- Decriminalizing Blackness for Dummies - by Mark E. Smith
- US Sponsored “Occupation Democracy”: Haiti’s Cité Soleil Fights Back - by Dady Chery
- Political Prisoner Dies in US Jail for Protesting Taxation - by John Vibes
- Terror as Method: A Journalist's Search for Truth in Rwanda - by Lara Santoro
- Occupy This Question: What’s Changed in 4 Years? - by Mickey Z.
- The Hastert Case - by Sibel Edmonds
- Does TTIP Have a Silver Lining? - by Mark E. Smith
- Five Secrets to a Successful Job Hunt - by Mark E. Smith
- Living in the Heart of Heartlessness
- Chattel Slavery in the USA: Baltimore 2015
- Mumia Held Incommunicado Since Monday