(This article was edited and updated on April 8, 2012)
Want to join us? Read the rules! (Instructions are at the end.)
1. All patrons in good standing are entitled to free drinks.
2. If you're not standing too good, you've had too many.
The following topic, "Waving the Banana at Capitalism" is long and Fubar is a very small website, so it may not load on a first attempt. If you get it to load, please copy or download it & read it offline so other people can read it too. Thank you for your patience! --folkie
Waving the Banana at Capitalism: Freegans and the Politics of Waste in New York City - by Alex V. BarnardSubmitted by folkie on 28 March 2014 - 7:02pm
Waving the Banana at Capitalism: Freegans and the Politics of Waste in New York City
by Alex V. Barnard
University of California, Berkeley*
Sometimes in the evening I'll be sitting in my apartment reading a book by the light of a little headlamp I'm wearing, while I turn the crank on another one just like it so it will be charged when the first one starts to dim.
A friend who lives in Venezuela just emailed me two articles by Matt Taibbi.
The more recent article:
The Vampire Squid Strikes Again: The Mega Banks' Most Devious Scam Yet, Rolling Stone, February 12, 2014
THE BARE NAKED FACE OF CAPITALISM:
I dreamed that the November 2014 elections were different from any elections I'd experienced in my 73 years as a US citizen.
FAI Strikes Again: Incendiary Device at “Life Sciences” Office - Informal Anarchist Federation (F.A.I) Insurgents: Bristol NorthSubmitted by folkie on 12 January 2014 - 7:04am
“We think that anyone serious about confronting domination as it stands today will sooner or later come to the questions of science and technology. It’s clear how both have an increasingly vital role to the ruling order by creating, managing and spreading control within society and over the rest of an earth we’re falsely separated from.
If you still trust the US government and believe that capitalism is the best system in the world, you need read no further, as all I can offer you are my condolences.
Otherwise, here is what you need to know and to act upon immediately:
Most medical research cannot be trusted.
The Future of Planet Earth. Are We the Last Surviving Generations?
- Afghans Vote - by Stephen Lendman
- Notice to Readers
- Waving the Banana at Capitalism: Freegans and the Politics of Waste in New York City - by Alex V. Barnard
- The Counterrevolutionary Constitution - by Mark E. Smith
- Cranky Old Luddite - by Mark E. Smith
- A Fifty Inch Flatscreen and a Fukushima Brewski - by Mark E. Smith
- Smoking Helps Protect Against Lung Cancer - by Joe Vialls
- Foreign Mining, State Corruption, & Genocide in Mongolia - by keith harmon snow
- You've Got to Stop Voting - by Mark E. Smith
- I Had A Dream -- by Mark E. Smith
- FAI Strikes Again: Incendiary Device at “Life Sciences” Office - Informal Anarchist Federation (F.A.I) Insurgents: Bristol North
- Open Letter to Lynne Stewart, Ralph Poynter, and Friends - by Mark E. Smith
- Profile of a Racist Zionist State - by Stephen Lendman
- The Future of Planet Earth. Are We the Last Surviving Generations? -by Dr. Rosalie Bertell
- A Preface to Thinking About Thinking - by Mark S. Tucker
- The Hate Crime of the Century: Israel and JFK - by Mark E. Smith
- Israel — Just Another Hapless British Colony - by John Kozy
- Goudlock's War - by Sean Swain
- Rewind 3 - by Subcomandante Marcos
- Interview: Understanding and Defending North Korea - by Carlos Martinez