(This article was edited and updated on April 8, 2012)
Want to join us? Read the rules! (Instructions are at the end.)
1. All patrons in good standing are entitled to free drinks.
2. If you're not standing too good, you've had too many.
Celebration of Memorial Day in the US, originally Decoration Day, commenced shortly after the conclusion of the Civil War. This is a national holiday to remember the people who died while serving in the armed forces. The day traditionally includes decorating graves of the fallen with flowers.
This question is about the possibility of peaceful and significant change after not voting.What I've read so far from this site (and the links upon links) leads me to one inevitable conclusion which I suppose I already knew deep down inside. They will never let us “legally” (as defined by those who create the laws) take away any of their power to wield for ourselves.
Statement to regulations.gov re: decommissioning; comment 1k0-8okr-x2eq)
For the last several years, people around the world have asked, "Where did ISIS come from?" Explanations vary, but largely focus on geopolitical (U.S. hegemony), religious (Sunni-Shia), ideological (Wahhabism) or ecological (climate refugees) origins.
A friend, Gary Ghirardi in Caracas, recently sent me an article written in 2013 by Max Forte, that attempts to explain, in part, why the US invaded Grenada.
Beat Writer Pedophiles and the White Male Leftists Who Love Them | Mickey Z.
We all know that the United States is so broke that it had to increase the national debt ceiling. The US may be a capitalist country, but it isn't very good with money. Its banks have gone bankrupt and needed to be bailed out, poverty in the US is increasing rather than decreasing, and the Pentagon regularly manages to lose trillions of dollars that it cannot account for.
The Surgeon General of the United States, the World Health Organization, and the consensus of scientific and medical opinion have come to the strange conclusion, based on Nazi ideology and Monsanto-funded studies, that the absence of carcinogens is more carcinogenic than their presence.
Nowadays it isn't unusual to see women cops. But it was before 1973. That's when the Law Enforcement Assistance Administration (LEAA) decided to withhold federal funding from police departments which did not end the height requirements that had kept most women out. Discrimination against women within law enforcement didn't stop, but their numbers increased.
What if there were an election and nobody came?
- Memorial Day, May 30, 2016, Portland, Oregon Vietnam Memorial - by S. Brian Willson
- Statement on Decommissioning Nukes - by Ace Hoffman
- Everything solid vanishes at the polls - by Raúl Zibechi
- Driving Out the Mosquitoes: Making Homelessness Illegal - by Dennis J. Bernstein
- I Helped Create ISIS - by Vincent Emanuele
- The Pecking Order is for Chickens - by Mark E. Smith
- Beat Writer Pedophiles and the White Male Leftists Who Love Them - by Mickey Z.
- A Dillar, A Dollar.... - by Mark E. Smith
- Do We Really Want a New World War With Russia? - by F. William Engdahl
- The Strange Consensus About Smoking - by Mark E. Smith
- Decriminalizing Blackness for Dummies - by Mark E. Smith
- US Sponsored “Occupation Democracy”: Haiti’s Cité Soleil Fights Back - by Dady Chery
- Political Prisoner Dies in US Jail for Protesting Taxation - by John Vibes
- Terror as Method: A Journalist's Search for Truth in Rwanda - by Lara Santoro
- Occupy This Question: What’s Changed in 4 Years? - by Mickey Z.
- The Hastert Case - by Sibel Edmonds
- Does TTIP Have a Silver Lining? - by Mark E. Smith
- Five Secrets to a Successful Job Hunt - by Mark E. Smith
- Living in the Heart of Heartlessness