(This article was edited and updated on April 8, 2012)
Want to join us? Read the rules! (Instructions are at the end.)
1. All patrons in good standing are entitled to free drinks.
2. If you're not standing too good, you've had too many.
Note: Lara read my article "You've Got to Stop Voting," and discussed it at length with a friend of mine. She decided to write an article herself and I think she has done a good job of propagating, updating, and clarifying my ideas, and adding her own thoughts and experiences. I hope her article is widely read, as I believe it will appeal to people who wouldn't read Fubar.
(ANTIMEDIA) Spain — For more than nine months, Spain has existed without a traditional national government. In the face of this lack of central authority and planning, Spaniards have done the impossible: they have survived without a government.
The New York Times recently reported on this phenomenon:
Doctor Warns – 80% of Medical Studies are Advertisements for Big Pharma
Christina Sarich, Staff Writer
The People Are the Story–and Corporate Media Are Missing It
By Janine Jackson
White House (photo: Carolyn Kaster/AP)
Photo illustrating the Christian Science Monitor story on public disillusion with elections.
Celebration of Memorial Day in the US, originally Decoration Day, commenced shortly after the conclusion of the Civil War. This is a national holiday to remember the people who died while serving in the armed forces. The day traditionally includes decorating graves of the fallen with flowers.
This question is about the possibility of peaceful and significant change after not voting.What I've read so far from this site (and the links upon links) leads me to one inevitable conclusion which I suppose I already knew deep down inside. They will never let us “legally” (as defined by those who create the laws) take away any of their power to wield for ourselves.
Statement to regulations.gov re: decommissioning; comment 1k0-8okr-x2eq)
For the last several years, people around the world have asked, "Where did ISIS come from?" Explanations vary, but largely focus on geopolitical (U.S. hegemony), religious (Sunni-Shia), ideological (Wahhabism) or ecological (climate refugees) origins.
A friend, Gary Ghirardi in Caracas, recently sent me an article written in 2013 by Max Forte, that attempts to explain, in part, why the US invaded Grenada.
Beat Writer Pedophiles and the White Male Leftists Who Love Them | Mickey Z.
- Why I’m Not Voting - by Lara Gardner
- Spain Hasn’t Had a Federal Government for the Last 9 Months — and People Love It - by Derrick Broze
- Doctor Warns – 80% of Medical Studies are Advertisements for Big Pharma - by Christina Sarich
- How Corrupt America Is - by Eric Zuesse
- The People Are the Story–and Corporate Media Are Missing It - by Janine Jackson
- Memorial Day, May 30, 2016, Portland, Oregon Vietnam Memorial - by S. Brian Willson
- Statement on Decommissioning Nukes - by Ace Hoffman
- Everything solid vanishes at the polls - by Raúl Zibechi
- Driving Out the Mosquitoes: Making Homelessness Illegal - by Dennis J. Bernstein
- I Helped Create ISIS - by Vincent Emanuele
- The Pecking Order is for Chickens - by Mark E. Smith
- Beat Writer Pedophiles and the White Male Leftists Who Love Them - by Mickey Z.
- A Dillar, A Dollar.... - by Mark E. Smith
- Do We Really Want a New World War With Russia? - by F. William Engdahl
- The Strange Consensus About Smoking - by Mark E. Smith
- Decriminalizing Blackness for Dummies - by Mark E. Smith
- US Sponsored “Occupation Democracy”: Haiti’s Cité Soleil Fights Back - by Dady Chery
- Political Prisoner Dies in US Jail for Protesting Taxation - by John Vibes
- Terror as Method: A Journalist's Search for Truth in Rwanda - by Lara Santoro